Followers

Wednesday, September 13, 2017

More Picking Las Vegas



This morning after breakfast we picked the pole beans.  We got one full bag.  Carol took it to the Bennett's.  We picked summer squash, more cucumbers, and peppers.  No pictures of what I picked.

Last week I dug up the leaking pipe. Today I covered it up.  I didn't want to pack the soil down.  What I did was to put half of the soil back into the hole.  I then filled it full of water.  I will add more soil to it tomorrow.  
 We got a load of grass clipping yesterday.  I couldn't get it move last night.  After looking all over the yard for the pitchfork, I found it in the back of the truck where I put it when we had our irrigation turn.  I hauled it to the garden.  There was thirteen loads.  It was pretty warm but there was cloud cover most of the time.
There is not anything planted here.  I have covered the weeds and weed seeds.  Next year I will have to figure away to grow vegetables.    There is a lot of grass.
I watered houses two, three, and five this afternoon.  In house two there was a wild aster in full bloom growing in the pot with the Salvia pachyphylla.   I cut off the flowers off to prevent reseeding.  I then cut off the stem below the surface of the soil to kill the stem.  There was a large white root growing up.  What was it, I don't know.  It is different from the aster.   Must come from the Salvia.  We will watch it to see what happens.
I was picking a couple more buckets of tomatoes and notice this cluster of tomatoes.  I had to take a picture.  I picked all the ripe ones.
I finished eating the watermelon in the fridge which was given to us by Coral Richardson.  I then picked a watermelon in the melon garden which had two dry tendrils which is an indication of ripeness.  Later I ate a small part of it.  It was not as red as I had hoped, but it was sweet down to the white close to the rind.
We picked more cucumber, peppers, and egg plants for our Las Vegas trip.

Comments and questions are welcome.


No comments:

Post a Comment