Followers

Friday, September 22, 2017

The Day Before the Freeze





Every time I go into house two I am faced with jalapeno peppers that have fallen out of the raised bed onto the ground.  I put off tying them up.  Except today I drove to four foot 1/2 " conduit into the ground.  I tied blue twine between the two conduits.  You see how it looks in the picture.

Made labels for some of the tomatoes in house one.  I attached a theme clip to the overhead wire with a hog tie.  I printed the name of the tomato plant on a sticky label.  Attached it to a card and then fastened it to the theme clip. I made labels of the following tomato plants.

I picked a couple of watermelons and a bunch of Topaz melons.

Below are the plastic tags on the ground which were replaced with a printed tag hanging from the overhead wire.








I am having a perennial plant sale a week from today and tomorrow.  I worked yesterday and today cleaning house two and three.  I removed weeds in house one.  I Sorted all the trays and flats.  The photo below shows the different stacks of trays and flats.
Carol and I went for a little ride.  When we got back we picked a half bushel of tomatoes.  It was cold.  It might freeze tonight.

The second to the last thing for the day is to removed the timers that turn on and off the water for Robert's garden.  I was a lot easier that what I thought.

I was deleting unimportant emails and spam this evening.  I found one email from the mother of a scout who was working on his Eagle project.  She wanted Bitter Brush, Sage Brush, and Curl-leaf Mahogany.  I have the Bitter Brush.

Comments and questions are welcome.


No comments:

Post a Comment