Followers

Monday, October 2, 2017

Two Day Report in One

Saturday before conference started we steamed the boxelder berries.  Carol picked off the stems and I helped a little.  This is just half of the berries.
We had to batches and steamed the for one hour each.  We ended up with one quart of juice.  On the right is the steamer and on the left is the hot pack canner.
We ended up with five half pints of elderberry jelly.
Miles and Nyleen came down to give me an hair cut.  He cut a lot more off this time.  We showed them around the nursery and gave him some tomatoes

Monday Morning

It was quite cold outside and it had rained during the night.  I figured that I would mow the lawn sometime this afternoon.  It didn't work out that way.  I walked out to Robert's garden.  There were a lot of mallow weeds there.  Where's the Shovel?  I found it and cut out a lot of the mallow weeds.  The ground was quite muddy so I quit.

Carol went over to the Masner's to care for the dogs.  While she was gone I canciled the web page that I purchased Saturday evening.  I found the phone number and made the call.  It went much better than I thought.  There were no questions why.  He didn't pressure me to stay on.  He didn't even ask me to stay on.  There was a two question evaluation for him.  I answered both questions with a "5"

Carol came back and we immediately went out to the garden and picked over a half bushel of tomatoes.  Some were really ripe and others had just started to turn.  It was cold and there were a few sprinkles.

Flue shots today.  We were at the town hall right at eleven, and we were the first ones there.  We had been there a couple of minutes and another car drove up.  In the car were the technicians.  we went in and other people began to arrive.  We got our immunization  and went home.

The cat trap has been set up for several days.  White fluffy was in the trap.  I relocated her.

After lunch I went out to dig weeds in the strawberry patch.  The photo show some of the weeds.  It doesn't show much, but just a mental reminder of working in the strawberry patch.
I was reminded about the Safron Crocus Bulbs.  I found them and got this picture.  They are budding will bloom in a couple of days.
I dug a lot of them and noticed the iris that I dug up last spring planted next to the strawberries.  They were full of mallow weeds.  There are a few irises that are poking a leaf above the mallows.
I started digging them out with the shove.  There a lot that I could not dig because they were so close to the irises.  I got a few more digging tools.  A little hoe, a garden trowel, and then another one, and then I got a pair of pruners.  I got a board to kneel on because of the wet ground.  After a couple of hours I finished.
Alisha came over to get some hibiscus seeds that she would start at her house.  I decided to cut the hibiscuses down.  The snow had bent them over.  So I removed them to make the mowing easier.  I knelt on the board to keep my knees dry.
There is a hibiscus on both sides of the side walk.  I cut these down first.  It will save a little time in mowing.
This is where the Dracaena was. It is now in house two.  I filled the hole where it was with some extra soil.
Below is the hole filled with some dirt that came from the patio.
The lawn is now ready to mow.

I caught and relocated another cat.

Robert and Frank stopped by for an hour.  They got tomatoes, peppers,  a watermelon.

Comments and questions welcomed



No comments:

Post a Comment