Followers

Thursday, October 5, 2017

Service, etc.

We took a tote filled with white sweet to the post office

It looked like some of the beans survived the frost.  I picked some pole beans.  They were wilted a little.

A half hour before lunch I got prepared to help Alishia.  She has some Rose of Sharon plants growing in her yard.  They get mowed down every time the lawn is mowed.  I prepared some stakes and picked up a bunch of Azailua pots to cover the Rose of Sharon.  After lunch I filled the back pack sprayer with weed killer.  I loaded everything into the truck and in about an hour I was finished.  I covered all the plants, sprayed around them with the weed killer, and then drove a stake into the ground by each one of them.

I saw a tomato plant a couple of days ago where the corn was growing before the hard frost.  When I checked it this today, it looked pretty dead, but the were a few green leaves close to the ground.  I dug up a tomato plant that had unusual shaped tomatoes.  I pruned the stems right to the main trunk.


















They were not ripe, so I don't know how large they will grow.  The photo give a little idea of shape and size.  I don't think that they will get much larger
Several different times during the day, I hauled compost to fill the large raised bed.  I watered it down and hope to plant it soon.
The photo below shows a little of the bricks under the 2x6s to hold the soil in place.
The compost is out by the road and not too far away from house six.  I didn't count the number of trips I made, but it didn't take long.
These pepper plants so heavy with fruit were hanging over the edge and touching the ground.  I drove some stakes in the ground.  With some twine, stretched between two stakes I was able to get them off the ground.  I did the same on the other side.


Comments and Questions are welcome:

No comments:

Post a Comment