Followers

Thursday, October 19, 2017

Waiting for Customer-Old Friend

I was expecting a customer this morning.  He said that he would be here before nine.  I went out about 8:30 so I would be there when came.  I started removing the frozen tomato plants.  I had to remove the tomato clip.  Instead of kneeling to unhook the bottom clip, I cut the vine off at ground level.  Then, I picked the plant up where it was more comfortable to remove the clip.  I did this on both ends.  I started on the south end shown in the photo below.   Some of the tomatoes would fall off as soon as there are touched.
The north east corner of house one.  I worked back here so I could watch for the customer.  There is a small door that is open at the left that can't be seen on this picture.  I took the vines out that door.
Looking south where many of the plants are gone.  I needed the step stool to hang the tomahooks that fell off.
The customer came, Doug Page, and bought eight Salvia pachyphylla plants.  I have know him for years. It came to $50.00  He is the one that gave me the Bristle Cone pine seeds.

I left the wheelbarrow in the summer squash garden a couple of days ago.  I filled it with the rest of the Armenian cucumbers.  I needed the wheelbarrow for the next project.
The next job was to remove all the annual plants and dig the dahlia tubers.  

I left the annual salvias.  They reseed themselves and have a pretty blue while most of everything else is frozen.
After lunch I spent over an hour in the dental chair.  He fixed my front teeth.  He then did Wild Root Canal.  He drilled into the roots to remove the puss.  I was a guinea pig.  He said that this was the first time that he done it and nobody has done it before.

I dug two dahlia tubers.  The ground was so hard and difficult to dig.  I dug one dahlia plant and cut through some of the tubers and broke some of the others.  Digging the next plant, I was more careful.  I dug away quite bit of the soil exposing some of the tubers.  I then used a pressure hose to wash away the soil.

We drove to Fillmore for a few groceries, deposit a check, and fill the car with gas.  We stopped at the Ice Box for ice cream.  There were other customers in there.  More than I have seen at any other time.  I asked for one large chocolate cone and another vanilla cone, laid four one dollar bills on the counter.  She quickly got them for me.  But, she would not take the money.  I urged her to take it and she said that was okay while she walked away.

When I got home, I dug the other tuber, which come up easy because of the soaking with water.  I turned the sprinkler on and let it run all night.
The two dahlia plants with all the tuber shown below.  It shows some cut and some broke and some good.




Comments and questions are welcome


No comments:

Post a Comment