Followers

Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Work,Big Help From Carol

After breakfast we went to the garden west of the garage and began the clean-up.  We removed all the tomato cages, tree baskets, and placed them next to the garage.  It was quite a job.  Some of the tomato plants were huge and the stems were thick.  We had to cut some of them loose.  Carol raked the branches and stems.  With a pitchfork, I carried them to the new compost pile.  Carol raked the frozen and spoiled tomatoes and I loaded them into the wheelbarrow.
 All of the plant material from here and from other areas in the yard goes on the new compost pile.
The frozen and rotten tomatoes went to a spot on the far west side of the garden.
We remove the spikes and fabric staples from the weed barrier. We turned each one over to remove any dirt on top.  Then they were folded, tied with a piece of twine, and stored until next year in house three.  The spikes and fabric staples are also stored there.
After lunch I worked on the production of a video, that explained the things that we did today.  I made one. Not to good,  I made another one, also no good. I made a few more and finally got one that seemed to be pretty good.

I harvested some of the beans, then cut the rope trellis put the vines and strings on the new compost pile.

I took most of the vines hoop cattle panels and the cucumber vines of the cattle panel.

power outage,


No comments:

Post a Comment