Followers

Monday, October 23, 2017

Getting Ready for Sping.

Soon as breakfast was over and a little news,  Carol says, "Lets pull the geraniums."  I got the tarp and laid it in front of the geraniums east of the porch.  We quickly pulled them up and placed them on the tarp.  
We then moved over to the geraniums west of the front porch. It didn't take long for these either.  The total time was 7-9 minutes.  I drug the tarp to the new compost pile.
From there we pulled the Wave petunias west of the driveway by the corner of the garage.  Leaves are falling and show up on many of these pictures.
Some of the dahlia tubers that I dug last week were beginning to wilt.  I took them out to house five which has no poly.  I loaded the wheelbarrow with recycled potting soil.  I sprinkled some of the soil on the tubers.  Then I sprayed them with water which washed the soil in and around the tubers and their roots.  I continues this process until all the tubers were covered and the soil was wet.
I saw a 2x4 by I don't know how long.  I have been contemplating making another short stool out of 2x4's.  I would use this one.  I pulled the nails out.  It is fairly straight.  It is a little hard to see; part of it is sticking of the bench to the left.
After lunch I covered the three flower beds with compost.  The following photos show the compost.  Last year we put compost on those beds.  The two pictures for some reasons are not very bright


We went to Fillmore for a few groceries and to deposit a check.  Fillmore main street will soon be finished.  Also, to fill the car with gasoline.

We are going back to the temple tomorrow morning, Tuesday, and Carol wanted the car vacuumed.  I used the Harbor Freight vacuum . It worked better than what I thought it wood.  I worked on it for over and hour.  I blew the leaves off the lawn with the Harbor Freight blower.  It has always worked well.  I used it to blow the dust off the vacuum filter.  It really did the job.
I made a little change to the out feed table for the table saw.  I put a small self drilling into the side of the table saw.  Then small grabber high on the table leg.  I wird these together which holds the saw and the table together.
I want to make a small stool. I cut two legs out of a 2x4.  the legs will 1 1/2 x1 1/2 x20 inches long.  I
made a tool to help drill a plumb hole through the table leg.  The screw goes through the leg hole and into the skirt.  I tried many different ways to attach the leg and skirt together and in square.



Comments and questions welcome

No comments:

Post a Comment