Followers

Saturday, October 21, 2017

Piolet Light Went Out, Two Times


There is a funeral this morning and the viewing starting at nine.  I helped Carol with the funeral potatoes.  She cooked them yesterday and this morning she peeled the and I shredded them with a salad shooter.  With a spatula, I ate what was left in the bowl.  After pots and pans were cleaned I went outside.  The piolet light in house two was out.  I think that it was the heavy wind yesterday afternoon.

I cut down the perennials that were growing in the kidney.  I hope to kill the grass that is growing there
The lawn needs mowing today, but on the east lawn are tons of leaves.  To many for the lawn mower to get.  I was going to mow this afternoon when the leaves are dry and more brittle.  I decided to rake the leaves this morning.  I made a nice windrow of leaves.  I started with a large push broom and finished with an aluminum scoop shovel.

I laid out the tarp and put a heavy piece of iron on two of the corners.  Using the shovel and broom I pushed leaves on the tarp.  I drug the tarp out to Robert's garden.  I pulled about six loads to his garden.    About this time Carol called and told me that it was time to get ready for the funeral.  That I did.
After The funeral we came home for lunch.  I then hauled more leaves to Robert's garden.  There is quite a pile out there as shown in the photo below.
With most of the leave on the lawn removed,  I started up the lawnmower and began sucking leaves.  I dumped the lawnmower on the place I call the no till or no dig garden.  I filled the grass catcher again, but this time I over filled it and plugged it up.  I unplugged it, I thought, and started mowing again.  I had to unplug it again.  I built a little tool to help remove the plug.  It was a three foot stick with a screw through the end of it which made it easier to pull the leaves out of the shoot.  I made about five trips to the no dig garden.  The front lawn really looks nice with all of the leaves gone.
I found the stepladder after looking for it in every greenhouse twice.  With the ladder under the furnace I could light the piolet light.  The knob has three positions.    !. which is off  2. which is piolet, and 3. which is on.   Every time I try to light the piolet,  I turned the knob to off, thinking that I could push the knob down.  I discovered that I had to turn it to piolet, then I could push the knob down.  I did this and I was able to light the piolet.

Yesterday, Frank and I potted up 37 bush clemantis and we partially covered them with recycled potting soil.  I left a sprinkler running on the all night.  This afternoon I got one more wheelbarrow of soil so I could cover them completely.  I wetted the soil before I covered them.  This is how they looked this morning
The soil is wet and ready to use.
And this is how they looked after I had wetted the potting soil.  When it is powdery dry, the water runs off instead of soaking in.
I checked the piolet light just before dark and there was no light.  After dark with flashlights in hand  I was able to light the piolet.


Comments and questions are welcome





No comments:

Post a Comment