Followers

Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Another Day of Unplanned Outcomes

We drove to Fillmore this morning where I made a deposit at the credit union.  Each fall I get letter from the department of motor vehicles.  It has to be signed by my doctor.  We also bought a few groceries.

Another unplanned project was the table I made that sets at the backside of my table saw. I started before lunch and finished after lunch.  I gathered several 2x4's that used for the legs.  I cut the four legs which are 1 1/2 inch square.  The skirt was made of other 3x4's are 20 inches long.  The top is made from an old piece of 2/4 inch plywood.   It has and six inch over hang on the four sides.  When sawing from now on the pieces will slide on the table instead of falling on the floor.


My plan was to continuing the job yesterday of removing the Four Wing Salt brush.  'The photo shows two saws that I used.  The hand saw with the yellow handle was used first.  There are some clippers with red handles I used to cut away the top branches.  The branches at the top had the leaves.  With them gone I could see some branches that I cut off with the pruners. Finally I could the base of the Salt Brush.  I laid down and using the hand saw I cut them off.  Some of the branches were nearly eight feet long.  I cut enough of these off, then I used the chain saw to cut off bigger branches.  It took me several hours and was able to cut all of them off. They were so tangled with each other that it was difficult to pull them loose.  To the left of the hand saw are the stumps.  They are very clear in the photo.  
The stems and branches are piled all over the place.
Another view


Comments and questions are welcome

No comments:

Post a Comment