Followers

Saturday, October 7, 2017

A Lazy Day, Almost


Picked tomatoes and peppers for 'Share the Harvest'  at the post office. Went back this evening and all were gone.

Carol wanted to go for a walk which is good for her.  We walked around the block.  Hopefully we will be able to take longer walks in the future.

Carol's medical tech person gave her  prescription.  Drove to Fillmore to get it.  It was so expensive we decided to wait until Thursday when we go up north.

We drove up the canyon to Maple Hollow.  The fall leaf color is makes an attractive display.



 Carol looking for autumn leaves to fill the empty vase in the kitchen.
We broke a bunch of branches.  They are in a vase in the kitchen.
Three, four foot ponderosa pines growing in the area west of the cattle guard.
There are a lot of plants which have ended their useful life at this time of the year.  I have started a new compost pile.  I removed all of the dribble tubing.  I cut the vines from the stakes.  There were a bunch of watermelons and Topaz melons that have some indication of being ripe.  I cut one that didn't look like it might be ripe.  It was quite pink, but the heart was pretty sweet.  The vines were tangled with each other and I had to really pull hard to break them loose and get them into the wheelbarrow.  It took five loads to get them all moved.
There it is looking to the south, the vines are removed.
Looking east show the vines gone and the bare naked stakes.
I put a sprinkler on the end of the hose and soaked up the peonies.  I hope to get them moved and planted somewhere else in the next couple of weeks.  There are five plants that have been in this garden for years.  After they are moved that garden will be tilled.
The first of each month I have to pay the cell phone service.  It was supposed to be an automatic payment.  I found a phone number on line.  I called it an automated system answered.  It asked me questions.  The last question was to enter my phone number.  I did. It said, "that number is not in our system."  I searched for something from Wal-Mart, and clicked the log in button.  I entered my password and got into the system.  I then clicked on the right buttons.  My cell phone rang.  Phone is working again.


Comments and questions are welcomed.

No comments:

Post a Comment