Followers

Thursday, October 26, 2017

Another Stool or Small Table

The plants planted about a month ago have germinated an doing well.  Except for the chives which have done anything.
  Red beets and radishes planted about a month ago.
Monday I started on this stool or table.  Today I put the top on.  The middle piece and the two outside pieces are made with three small slats glued together.  I glued them up this morning.  I cut five inches out of the slat in the middle and then glued them.  While the glue was setting up or drying I use pocket screws to hole the legs to the skirt.  It worked out quite well.  I use grabber screws for two legs. I pre-drilled the holes which made it much easier use the grabber screws.  I also use glue.

After lunch I ran the slats and glued up slats through the thickness plainer.

All pieces are screwed onto the base.  I made a couple of mistakes so I had to unscrew them and do it again.  The next two photos shows a little space between the slats.

I was cleaning on the right side of the fridge and discovered this tray that was in the fridge.  I thought that I could use it for fruit from the garden.  instead I used it as a tray under my work bench.  I could clear the bench and put it in the tray.  I made pair of gliders and them attached them to the bottom of the bench.  I put the right one in first and had to move it to the right because there wasn't room for the left glider.  I had to move the right one again so the tray be completely under the bench.  Finally I got it right.
I hoped to make all of the kitchen cabinets.  I bought a lazy Suzan type device for the corner cabinet.  I decided to by the cabinets and have somebody install them for me.  I found them today and the hardware that goes with them.  I will give them to a friend who does kitchen remodel.
One customer came for poplar trees.  I didn't have any.  I cut some branches and told her to stick the branches about 18 inches in the ground and the will root in the spring.


Comments and questions are welcome

No comments:

Post a Comment