Followers

Monday, October 30, 2017

Direct TV the Last Package




The return box came last week.  This morning I disconnected all of the parts of the Direct TV including the black box and put them in the box.  It took some time.  Every time I pulled a cable loose  I thought that the TV would shut off.  Finally I got it all done. The photo below shows it.
There are a lot of red bell and Anaheim peppers in house six.  I picked a bunch of them and took them to the post office for.

We had to go to Fillmore to get a few things.  I wanted an Elmer's glue dispenser that makes the applying glue much simpler and quicker.

Saturday I found a ten inch saw blade that had 84 teeth.  This is a used for sawing wood with less tear out.  It took me a long time to remove the throat plate.  I needed allen wrench or hex key..  I thought the set screws held it in place. I screwed out the set screws as far as it would go.  It kept getting tight and tighter until the hex key slipped out.  I found that the throat plate just sets in the slot.  The set screws are used as spacers to keep it level.  I finally got the new blade in and tightened the blade.  I cut the first piece of wood.  The wood started to burn.  The blade was super dull.  Looking for a new blade.

We had some chicken left over from Sunday dinner.  Carol made some chicken noodle soup with carrots, onions, and celery.  She cooked the noodles and mixed it in the soup.  The noodles was full of weevil larva.   We drained of the broth.  We separated the noodles from the chicken and vegetable.  The larva was also removed.

Tomorrow is Halloween and I haven't carved the pumpkin.  I emptied one of the kitchen drawers looking for a little pumpkin carving knife.  That took about an hour.  Finally I was ready.  I put the seeds on some newspapers.

There were two pumpkins.  One we raised and the other that we bought.  I made a smiley face on the orange one.   It was soft and easy to carve.  I put the pumpkin on a plate, therefore, I could turn the pumpkin around either to the left or right.   The other pumpkin was hard.  I got my jig saw to cut the top off.  It spread pumpkin sawdust all over.  I looked for a small saw in one of my tool box.  I removed all the tools and at the bottom of everything I found the little saw.

I then was able to finish the other pumpkin.  I call them happy pumpkins.
That is it for today.


Comments and questions welcome

No comments:

Post a Comment