Followers

Thursday, August 24, 2017

More Veggie Juice

We did veggie juice this morning.  We had a tote of our own tomatoes.  I picked three more buckets.  We had a quick breakfast.  Carol washed and removed the bad parts of the tomatoes.  I kept the mashed until we had two large kettles of mashed tomatoes on the stove.  I also shredded the peppers, and onions.  I picked the parsley in our front yard.  We ended up with 16 quarts.
This old ladder belonged to Carol's mother.  It is very unstable.  We could use it if it leaned against a wall.  I glued and screwed a piece of plywood to the back legs.  I did a couple of other reinforcing procedures.  Testing it out I can stand part way up the ladder safely.
For lunch I sliced the baked potatoes left over from Sunday.  I sprayed a cookie tray with pam, put the slice potatoes on the pan, and broiled it on high for ten minutes.    We had meat loaf Sunday and put a large slice of that on the plate.  I sliced a couple of tomatoes.  It was really good.
We drove to Fillmore where I made a couple of deposits at Zion's bank.  I filled my prescription which didn't take long.  We got a few groceries and ice cream cones.  They lasted all the way home.

I pruned some of Robert's tomatoes in house six.  Tied up some of the pumpkin and summer squash.

Comments and questions are welcomed.

No comments:

Post a Comment