Followers

Friday, February 23, 2018

More Snow

The bench is finished.  There may need to make some cosmetic adjustments.



It was snowing some when we got up and it continue light snow until the afternoon.  I made a snow pusher pictured above, which idea came to me during the night.  It is a piece of 3/4 inch plywood twenty four inches long and about seven inches deep.  I made a handle out of an eight foot 2x2.  It was too long and I cut it at and 45 degree angle.  It was too short.  There is another piece in house six which I cut to the right length.  I changed the angle to 30 degrees,  I put a brace next the board and fastened it with screws.  It worked really well.  I cleaned the snow off the driveway and front side walk.  It was way faster than the scoop shovel.
All I needed to do was push the snow.  I used a scoop shovel for a little clean up.

Eric is bringing us some baby chicks in the morning.  I found this old box that used to have a base for oranges of melons.  I was buried in the snow in house five.  I uncovered it with a shovel.  I was going to have it in the garage.

I carried it to house two where it is warmer to let it dry out.  I decided to leave it in house two.  I brought the heating lamp and an extension cord for night time warmth.  The greenhouse temp is set at 40 degrees.  I found the feed tray which was in the garage.  I couldn't find the water bottle.   
Most of the slug traps are catching slugs.  There are two that have not trapped any slugs.  I put a trap in a new place and caught a couple of small slugs during the day.  
A closer look.   It doesn't show the two small slugs.
 The ice work continues to grow.  It freezes all night and all day.
An other angle.




Comments and questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment