Followers

Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Bench Work / Frozen Pipe


 A couple of days ago I posted on Face Book a container filled with beer and the slugs that were attracted by the beer.  A person on Face Book wanted to know what beer we used.  I posted the above photo.
Carol put this puzzle together today.  It is an image of what was done years ago with what we are doing today.
 Our cat, Tiger, sitting in the sun on top of our barbeque set.  It is covered with a blue tarp to keep it dry.
I made a hole through the tenon to hold the stretcher to the legs.  I made the hole for a pin. The holes were not hardly big enough and deep enough to make a tight fitting wedge.  I used a jigsaw to make the holes wide and deep enough.   The leg were too wide and covered the lag screw hole  a little.  I ripped both sides of the legs to make them more narrow.  I then softened the edges again,  New cutting required more staining.

I used lag screws to hold the upper bracket to the underside of the bench top.  I drilled a small hole through the bracket and then used a 3/4 inch spade bit two counter sink about 3/4 inch deep and make a small piolet hole. the lag screw and washer goes through the hole and drove into the bench. 
The above picture shows it from a different angle.
Next I glued the bracket and the foot together.  I also used dowels on the lower bracket and leg.  That was hard to keep everything lined up.  I gave up on the other leg.  I glued them together and clamped it tight on one side and on the other side.  Tomorrow I will use the dowels.
A little after five I walked to house two to do some watering.  The fertilizer injector was working a hundred mile per hour.  I forgot to turn off the injector and the fertilizer tank was nearly empty.  I could hear water running.  I walked to house six.  There was water running down the path and into house five.  I had to go back to house two to shut of the water.

The pipe broke just below the  hose bib.  I walked back to the garage to get cement, primer, and a saw.  Laying on the ground were a few parts I needed.  I found another hose bib.  I cut the broken piece off; there was enough pipe to glue all the parts together. I left a little water running.  It all worked out.

If I had not gone out, the water would have run all night and the pipe that waters the chicken would have frozen and then I would of had a mess to deal with in the morning.



Comments and questions are welcome.


No comments:

Post a Comment