Followers

Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Sixty Teeth


Several weeks ago I bought me a Harbor Freight saw sharpener.  I sharpened the first blade that was not my own.  Sixty teeth which I thought might be a challenge.  I set the face of the tooth at the right angle, I turned it on and it worked really well.  Each tooth face had a nice shine to it.
I have this tool that fit on my table saw, which is used to make tenens.  It would not work properly.  I sprayed WD-40 on it which lubricated some of the screws and nuts.  On the right is a threaded shaft.  Twist it clock wise and it tightens the wood against the fence.  And counter clock wise to be able to remove the wood.  There was some type of crank on the right end of the shaft, but it is missing,  It is hard to turn it with my hand.

We went to Fillmore for a few things at Roper's.  I got a forstner bit, some 3/8 inch dowels, one eight foot 2x4, and sponge brushes for the stain. 

I needed one more 2x4 to finish the bench.  I cut over half of it into twelve inch pieces. I ended up with four pieces.  I ripped each edge and planed them all to the same thickness.  I glued two pairs together.  


Comments and questions are welcomed.  



No comments:

Post a Comment