Followers

Thursday, February 22, 2018

Mistakes on the Bench

I began work on the bench.

 I had the legs glued up and started to do the foot and the upper bracket.  I drilled the holes and drove in the dowels and discovered that I had the top bracket upside down.  I had to take it apart and fortunately   the glue had not set. I pounded on them and it came apart.
Had a lot of trouble with this bench leg.  I glued on thin piece of wood to it would not rock.  The earlier one that I did was to thin.  I did another one that was thicker.  Works good.
A broccoli  plant that is beginning to make a head.  It may be ready in two more weeks.

Red beets are doing very well.  The should be ready to harvest in two more weeks
I pulled red beets from bed one, boiled them for supper.  So good..
Pole beans on bed one.  The will climb the strings.
Robert Transplanted lettuce Saturday.  I transplanted Peaches and Cream sweet corn.  I put one between each lettuce plants.  The lettuce will be harvested long before the corn gets tall.
Our good neighbor with his four wheeler pushed the snow out of our drive way.
 Burpless cucumbers that are coming up.  One seed in each cell.  All have germinated.
A slug trap using beer.  No slugs, but there are a lot of tiny things that look like a bug.

Paul and Marilyn from Tooele stopped by this afternoon.  We haven't seen them for quite awhile and we had a good visit.



Comments and questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment