Followers

Thursday, July 26, 2018

A Bow in House Six

I worked most of the morning in house one.  I went up and down every isle pruning all of the branches.  I then started clipping the new growth to the twine trellis.  Some were so tall that I stood on a small stepstool.  Other's had to be dropped.  I didn't finish the clipping.  I did some watering in the garden and in house two.  

After lunch, I drove to Fillmore and bought chicken scratch and thirty-two feet of welded concrete reinforcement wire.

As soon as I got home I removed all the hoses on the lawn and mowed the lawn.  I used, used motor oil for the lawnmower.  It almost stopped twice.
 I unrolled it on the back lawn and measured half, and cut of sixteen feet. Picture above is the half that I left on the lawn.  The other half is in house six.
The bow is about seven feet wide at the base and about six feet high.  I tied it to the greenhouse bows to hold it up.  It is pretty flimsy and I don't know if it will hold the heavy cucumbers that I will be planting there.
I made the small clips.  I drilled a hole to accommodate the spike.  I drove it into the ground.
 I forgot to water.  The above photo is of the cucumber plants that are going into house six.  An hour later to water would most likely been too late.
An hour after they were water they stiffened up again.  I saved them.
 Eggplants and
 Slicing tomatoes and
salad tomatoes for the vegetable sale tomorrow in front of Ropers in Fillmore.


Comments and questions are welcome.



A

No comments:

Post a Comment