Followers

Monday, July 23, 2018

More Clean-up Pad One

I didn't write anything Saturday or Sunday, therefore I do the writing this evening.
 I plant Detroit Red Beet seeds at the end of each week.  This one is done Saturday morning.  105 cells in the tray.
I did a lot of weeding in house one.  This is the isle on the west side between the eggplants and tomato plants.  I drug the drip tape out the north end to make room for my hoe.  Looks much better now.
I transplanted the first tray of red beets that were planted four or five weeks ago.  There were thirteen out of the 105 tray.  They are planted in the north raised bed in house two.
 Last week I planted a few English cucumber seeds.  They are coming up now.
 A volunteer seed came up here.  I looks like it might be a white pumpkin.  It is the size of a softball.
I was picking cucumbers this morning and found this cluster of green tomatoes on the ground.  They are soo heavy that gravity caused them to break off.
 I last picked Friday morning.  By this morning, Monday, there were a lot of cucumbers.  I pick 2 1/2 totes of cucumbers.  I sorted them.  Burpless, medium, and small pickling.  One person has asked for pickling cukes.
Above a picture of the second tote.  I took one tote of cucumbers and six bunches to the post office.  There were five ugly cucumbers left this evening.
 I moved a lot of pots out two pad one.   Watering of plants at pad one is controlled by a timer.  It comes on every morning at three and turns off at one hour and fifty-five minutes later.  The depth of the water is about 2 1/2 inches.  Above are tri-star strawberry plants.
 Late this afternoon I cleaned a larger area to make room for more plants.  As said earlier; this pad saves a lot of watering time.
I brought up around sixty pots.


Comments and questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment