Followers

Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Moving the Rock

I was not up as early this morning as other mornings, and I didn't get as much done at the nursery.  I came back to the house for breakfast.  After breakfast I was out to house one.   I harvested a tote of cucumbers.  Carol took some to the post office.
I cut some branches from the ketchup tomato plant.  Some were long and others were shorter.  I cut them to the same length and put them in a quart bottle.  There were ten.
The cucumber plants in house one, two and six are infested with spider mites.  I sprayed them this morning with Neem oil.  I filled the tank up three time.  The spray was a mist.  I went down both sides spraying the underside of the leaves.  
I planted eight hills of cucumbers, in the pole beans, with three seeds in each hill.  I covered them with a fibrous material that I found and then placed a small rock on to keep it from floating away.  I then run water down the row.
At the north end of one row in house one  is thickly covered with weeds.  There are several tomato plants growing in the weeds.  This is another time I was on my knees with a small hoe digging the weeds.
While working there I saw a praying mantis eating a male grasshopper.  The next five pictures are about moving the rock.  It was terribly heavy.  I couldn't budge it no matter what corner I lifted.  I dug a little under it with a shovel.  I pried it up a little and stuck a piece of wood under it.  I was able to lift it up on its edge.
I moved some rocks and put the cart in place and by moving it forward from edge to edge was able to get it on the cart.
It was much easier to push the rock than I thought.  I set it down in the shade near the planting spot.
I pushed the cart into the place where the rock is to be laid.  It didn't fit right.  I moved it around some and got it into place.  I had to dig under it to get it fairly level.    
I used a prybar to move the rock into position.
I filled it full of water to clean it up some.  I used my blower to blow out the water.  I tried to make a drainage hole with my drill and concrete bit.  I could not make a hole.  I found some Hens and Chicks put in the cavity.   There will be more to follow on another day.


Comments and questions are welcome.



No comments:

Post a Comment