Followers

Monday, July 30, 2018

Saturday, Sunday, & Monday

We went to the temple Saturday, and I didn't have time to post anything.
I was able to plant another tray of Detroit Red Beets.  They begin to germinate in five to six days.
The peas are pretty much dried up.  I dug up an armful and put them one the compost pile. I did this and other weeding while watering some parts of our garden.
The watermelons are receiving a good soaking.  I did some weeding here.
I weeded around the sweet potatoes which are doing very well.

I may have taken some pictures on Sunday; but I wait until Monday to post anything.
This morning I hurried out to house six.  I wanted to get ready for the concrete reinforcing wire.  I dug out all of the kohlrabi  and piled them in the main isle.  It was pretty muddy there.  
I loaded the kohlrabi into the wheelbarrow and hauled it out to the compost pile.
The seedless cucumber are getting a good watering.  The water comes on every night at seven for two hours before it shuts off.
I got a good picture is garden spider.
It must have caught a grasshopper.  All that is left is one grasshopper leg.
I did a lot of tomato pruning before lunch.  Some of those branches may grow a couple feet during a week.  
 An interesting tomato.  I am not sure but I think that this is a cutting from a tomato plant that I dug up last fall.  I kept it in house two all winter.  The fruit from the one in house two is much smaller.

I made another bow for Blue Lake pole beans.  This went much faster than the first one I did last week.  I secured the south side of the hoop.  Next I tied the middle piece to the greenhouse bows.  Last I secured the north side of the hoop.
 Found another wasp nest under the bench in house six.  I sprayed them with WD-40.
 Lastly, I weeded five trays of cone-Tainers and put them in trays which I cut off 4 1/2 inches off the legs.  They are now on pad one where the will be watered.



Comments and questions are welcome.








No comments:

Post a Comment