Followers

Monday, July 16, 2018

Long Day at Work

Another day of going to work in the greenhouses as soon as it gets light.  Later in the morning it gets pretty hot.
The weeds in house one have grown humngus.  It took me about an our to get most of the weeds.  I put them in the composting box which I water several time a day.  It doesn't get any higher.  From here I went to breakfast.
After breakfast I began working in house six.  There were a bunch of tomato plants that put in there early last week.  I propped them up with a tomato clip attached to a bamboo stake.  Today I clamped them the trellis twine to hold them upright.

I carried all of the plants and weeds out the west door that I cut down last week.  They are in a pilee hoping to turn into compost. 
I don't know the name of the this plant but it is in the cabbage family.  I cut them down with a large lopper.  Then I picked them up and carried them out the west door.  There was about twenty plants.  
This how it looks after I was finished.   The cabbage like plants were in the empty space on the left.
 There are grass weed toward the end that I wanted to take out.  They were being watered with the kohlrabi.  I want them to dry up before.  I cut the drip tape and folded it three times and then wrapped it with electrical tape.  I saw that being done on a YouTube video.  I didn't work for me. When I turned on the water, the water began to spurt.
I then put on a pair of end plugs.  The leaked some.  Now the tall grass weeds will dry out some.
I looked in house two and the plants were quite droopy.  I stopped what I was doing water everything in house two.
This snail was crossing the side walk by the back porch.  I put it in the garbage. 
I picked the cucumbers.  It filled a tote to over flowing.  Some of them were on the ground and were dirty.  I put them on the wheel barrow and washed them.  I put them back into the tote and covered the tote with plastic wrap.
 I drove to Fillmore for a bunch of things including poultry netting.  I spent most of the afternoon covering the north end of the chicken run with the netting.
I stretched a wire from the garage to the hen house.  It come loose and I had to get on top of the hen house to fix it.  
From the north side of the hen house.
This not too bright picture shows how it looks when I finished.
I destroyed a wasp nest at the back of the hen house.  Also, there is a nest under the bottom step of my step ladder.  The ladder was in house six standing up and the wasp found  a place at the bottom.


Comments and question are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment