Followers

Thursday, September 12, 2019

Pruning Big Poplars.

I started work this morning by getting a CSA bucket ready.
 This basket contains vegetables that had their roots in the ground.  I washed them by using a hose gun and sprayed them with water.  The final cleaning happened in the kitchen.
The CSA bucket is full and ready for the lid.  I put it in the fridge in the garage.
The deer are back.  This is day five.  The fishing line fence that I made did not work.  There is a doe, a yearling and a fawn.
I followed them around the yard.  It was about twenty feet away in this photo.

I drove to Fillmore and delivered the CSA bucket.

There are a lot of trees in the back that are in the back.  A couple of them are huge and have a lot of branching.  My chain saw wouldn't start yesterday.  I was going to take it to Fillmore and have Casee start it.  I gave it one pull and it started.  Surprise.  I then cut of all of the low branches on three of the trees.  It was pretty dirty.  I worked there for neatly two hours.
These large poplar trees are a little east of house six.  I cut away all of the suckers growing up from the bottom of the trunk.  I need a picture with me standing between two trees.
 Another photo.  It looks like something you would see in the forest.
Here is a vertical at the trees.  They are really tall.
This is a phot of a praying mantis.  One of our cats was watching it crawl up the garage brick wall.  I should have circled it in this photo.

I am building a three legged stool, which is called the Viking Stool.  I did a lot of sanding and made a template which shows the location of the three legs.


Comments and questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment