Followers

Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Rain, Rain, & Sunshine

There was rain and lightning, thunder, and rain during the night and more rain this morning.

I worked in house two for a couple of hours.  It was cool during the night and house two is cold.  I even shut the north door.  I removed a large dead tomato plant and cleaned away weeds and dead plant material.
I started to dig up the rest of leek plants.  I quit before I finished and started pulling weeds.
At the top of this photo are salad onions that went to seed.  I removed them an put them in the compost pile.  Burpless cucumber vines are at the bottom of the picture.  There were some cucumbers growing on them.  I moved them out of the way and cleaned the dead plants underneath.  I then put them back.
I call this tomato plant the purple plum.  It produced some of the first tomatoes this year.  I quit watering them a month ago.  They are hanging on a vertical trellis.
 
A fuzzy picture of the other cucumbers.  I hope to remove these ands start some new ones.

At eleven we drove to Fillmore for groceries.  We also stopped at the Southern Utah State bank for some cash.  While there I got a couple of CSA buckets from Kim.  
Our broken garbage disposal was leaking.  I got a cork at Ropers to stop the leak.   The cork is placed in the nipple for the dishwasher discharge.
 There are six melon varities in the north garden.  For some reason there is a split in the blossom end.
This one has a double split.
The Boxelder tree is hanging down so low that I have to bend to walk through them.  I cut the off this morning.
Even though it rained most of the morning.  The grass felt quite dry.  I mowed the lawn and finished in time for the 5:30 news.  It was really tall.  I usually set the mower blade at three inches.  The weather is cooler now and has been well irrigated, I decided to lower the blade a half inch.
I dumped the grass bags four times.  I mulch between the rows of tomatoes and eggplants.  I have pretty good weed control on the north side.

There are no new deer tracks in the wet soil our yard today.  This is day three.   I hope my fishing line fence is working.


Comments and questions are welcome.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                

No comments:

Post a Comment