Followers

Wednesday, September 18, 2019

The Viking Stool, Almost finished

I took out my buckets to house six and picked tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, red beets, and egg plants.  Then in house two I pulled up a bunch of salad onions.  Then at the garden I dug two large onions and pulled a nice bunch of carrots.

I washed the carrots, salad onions, red beets,  and the slicing onions on the grass by the patio.  It went quite fast with aa bucket of water and sprayer on the garden hose.  Then it took the veggies in the house for a fine washing.  I loaded the bucket with the hard veggies on the bottom and softer ones on top.  I put it in the garage fridge.

There was somethings left over and we took them to the post office.  Almost everything was gone by the end of the day.
I took tomato plant cuttings from a tomato I call Yellow Banana.  and
Purple Cherry Plum.
I did one called Orange Gladiator a couple of days ago. It is in the kitchen window with the other two. They have an orange juicy fruit.  I ate them for supper tonight.
They are about three inches long.

We went to Fillmore for some groceries and deliver the bucket of veggies to Kim Christenson at State Bank.  I wanted some epoxy for the Viking stool, but I didn't want to pay $30.00 for it.  I did get some glue.
I made some wedges out of mahogany.  I cut a slit in the top part of the leg and glued the legs to the seat.  I glued the wedge into the slot and drove them in hard.  I cut off the part of the leg that was above the seat at the table saw.  I then sanded it down smooth.  The above stool looks pretty good.
Looking at it from a different angle shows the closest leg pointing in the wrong direction.  To fix it I would have to drill it out and make a new leg.  I won't be doing that.  

We walked out to the garden and picked beans, tomatoes, and some summer squash.
At the north garden I picked a melon the had a big slit in the blossom end.  I cut off the one end and remove the seeds.  I cut off the green flesh and put it in the fridge.  It is not hardly ripe, but pretty sweet.


Comments and questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment