Followers

Monday, September 9, 2019

Irrigation and Clean-up

Sunday Morning:
We had our last irrigation today.  Robert, the water master, called a couple of days ago that we would have the water this morning.   I usually take the water first, but this morning Raymond had the water first.  He lets it run on his trees.  Then both of us could attend our church meetings.  After dinner I took the water which was a little past two.  Then for the rest of the day I was directing water.  First on the back lawn. Then on the east lawn and west of the garage at the same time.  The last part watered was the front lawn.  I spent the rest of day directing water and moving pipes around to get the water to go where I want it to go.  The water was shut off at seven.
I am impressed with the Green arrow peas that I planted several months ago.  Our first crop of peas were picked.  There were some that we missed and when I dug up the plants I saved all the peas that were too old to eat.    I soaked them in water with the intent to make split pea soup.  They then were put in the fridge where I forgot about them.  They had sprouted and I was going to throw them away.  Carol said that I should plant them.  I planted some in house six and some in the raised bed in the north garden.  The have done well in spite of high temperatures.    They are not starting to bloom.  it is hard to see the blooms in the picture.
Monday morning:
I put all the pipes away.  There are three places where I put them until the next water turn.  The next turn will be next spring.  The photo is west of the hen house.  I keep some in the orchard.  Then the rest are east of the snail hill.

I picked a bucket of cucumbers.  We drove to Fillmore for a few groceries, gas, and I made a deposit at the credit union.  We had lunch.
The deer are eating almost everything in the garden.  I heard on Face Book that one person used fishing string around his garden.  I drove conduit stake in the ground from the south fence to the rose bushes in the north garden.
The above picture shows the fishing string.  On the west side of the far south garden.
Here is s closer look of the string.  there is five layers.
A couple of days ago the wind blew really hard and blew the poly off house one.   The above photo is looking to the north end.
Here is photo looking at the south end.


Comments and questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment