Followers

Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Rain, Very Little

I picked tomatoes for the Richardson's.  I didn't get and pictures.  They got two buckets of tomato plants.  One was full of Gladiator tomatoes, which are a large past tomato.  The other tub had a variety of red tomatoes with Lemon Boy on top.  We had cucumbers for the post office, but we game them to them.  We took them to their home.  They gave us a nice melon a couple of days ago and we also gave them some cucumbers.

We drove to Fillmore for groceries, a deposit at Zions bank and the credit union.  A week ago today I had cancer on my right temple removed.  I went to the clinic and had the stiches removed.  The nurse wasn't able to remove, so Dr. Basset removed them.  He said that he hadn't seen sutures like those.

There were a few drops of rain in Holden and Fillmore
 I took another picture of large wasp.  It way larger than the yellow jackets.
I found the small cooler in the ditch last year.  I cleaned it out this afternoon.  It will hold two gallon milk containers.
Shadow our cat was napping in this nursery can.  I couldn't resist taking a picture.  The cats are in them almost every day.
 I made another push stick.  It holds the piece of wood firmly against the table saw and the fence.  Hands and fingers are a safe distance from the spinning saw blade.  To the left of the photo is the first one I made.
I put out the yellow jacket traps yesterday afternoon.  I caught several dozen in each bottle.  The bottle to the left with the red lid is a nut bottle.  They are in the freezer.  It doesn't take very long to have freeze.

I began to cut down the weeds with the weed whip, where I found a lot of puncture weeds.  I got the shovel and dug them up.  There was a bucket full.  We took them to the dumpster.  I took a couple of pictures, but for some reason the didn't take.
The is always a wet spot in the isle in house six.  I get my shoes muddy.  I turned off the water this morning and turned it back on tonight to see if there was a leak.  There wasn't.  There is a low spot here.  I made a dike to keep the water from running into the isle.
The are a lot of spoiled tomatoes.  The crack and the sap beetle gets in and they are ruined.   I started cutting them off and putting them in the compost pile.
The above photo shows some that are spoiled.  A rotten tomato.


Comments and questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment