Followers

Monday, September 2, 2019

Tomatoes, Potatos, & bees

Saturday morning, Sunday, and Monday.    Only thing on Sunday was picking a few cucumbers.  In a sense it like milking cows.  It has to be done every day of the week.
Saturday Morning:  Carol wanted baked potatoes for Sunday dinner.  There are some vines at the end of the row that is being eaten by grasshoppers.  The leaves are gone.  I dug then up.
During the night the deer came in and ate most of our watermelons.
I put tomato cages on most of the melons to keep the deer from eating them.
I put a smaller cage on a uneaten watermelon.
Here is were the deer have eaten the sweet potato vines.
 I made this trap for yellow jackets.  There is a large wasp in there that I haven't ever seen before.
 The yellow jackets eating the plums on our plum tree.
The humming bird feed was empty.  Carol filled it and I hung it with a long wire.  The yellow jackets have been eating the sugar water.  I put it down low so I could vacuum the yellow jackets.  Our cats might be able to grab a humming being so low.  This afternoon I shortened the wire so that it is way out of  the cat's reach but in easy reach of the vacumn.
Picked our first zucchini today.
Another photo of more deer lunch.
I picked to buckets of tomatoes for one of our neighbors.  They are not all yellow.  The Lemon Boy tomatoes are thin skinned and are on top.
I put some spoiled plums in this large quart bottle.  It attacked a lot of yellow jackets.  I put a lid on the bottle and put it in the freezer.  It killed the yellow jackets.  I put it back under the plum tree.  Hope to get some more jackets.
I watched several videos yesterday on how some made a push stick.  The push stick keeps my hand away from the saw blade.    Here it is laying on the driveway.
Here it is standing on the driveway.
Here it is standing on the table saw.  There is a heel on the back end that hooks the piece of wood being cut.
I was going to spray weeds this afternoon, but there was so much puncher vine with seeds that I decided to dig it out.  It was so rocky that I couldn't dig the up.  I got a small tool and got on my hands and knees dug up a bucket full.  
I got most of them and I will get the rest a little later.  The were many ripe seeds and spraying them would kill them but the seeds would still be there.


Comments and questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment