Followers

Monday, September 16, 2019

Four Buckets of Tomatoes

Didn't get to watch much of the news.  We wanted to get the tomatoes picked and delivered.

The first was to pick the tomatoes.  I ended up with four buckets.  The yellow bucket is full of Gladiator tomatoes.  They are large paste tomatoes.  It didn't take very long to pick.  We delivered them to Karen Bennett.
There is the yellow bucket again.  But this time is full of cucumbers.  There were way more cucumbers than I thought.  I didn't pick any yesterday because it was Sunday.
 Carol washed the cucumbers.
 I went back to house six and took the above picture.  There is a row of cucumbers at the left and some of the branches worked their way into the tomato plants.  I will probably pick this one tomorrow.
I missed this cucumber that is way ready to be harvested.  I picked it this morning.
I also picked eggplants, bell peppers, jalapeno pepper, and Anaheim  peppers.  Then in the far right is some small tomatoes that I call,  Purple Cherry.
This is one the sweetest and juicy tomato.  I am calling it Orange Gladiator.

We took our garbage to the dump.  Jim Masner was there.  We visited for a while and then came home.  The went first and then we past him.  He noticed that the break light on the driver's side did not work.  We picked up the mail.  I had a package that contained the parts for the garbage disposal.  The part that we needed wasn't in the box.  We drove to Fillmore to get light fixed.  We pulled into Deardon Motor Company.  They seemed to be busy and I finally got the receptionist to help us.  Eventually James Deardon, one of the owners said that it wouldn't take long.  We waited for over and hour.  I took them about five minutes to replace the light.  He charged us only $2.50.

Carol had a prescription filled.  While she was doing that I went to a parts store for some rubber hose.   They didn't have what I wanted.  I then went to Roper's and got a few things that I needed to fix the garbage disposal.  I found a short piece of rubber hose about two inches long.
I got it all put together.  I started the dishwasher and there were not leaks.
I finished the second leg on the Viking stool.
I then started the third leg.  It is roughed out as shown in the above photo.
This is a volunteer geranium.  It has quite a pinkish salmon.


Comments and questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment