Followers

Friday, September 27, 2019

Six Deer This Morning

I started the day by working on the three legged stool.   I picked a bucket of cucumbers.
I walked to the driveway, and there was one doe standing under the large tree west of the driveway.  It took off a running.  Two other deer were there.  The two smaller deer went to the south and disappeared in the west side of our yard.  The mother jumped over the fence next to the Stephenson's home.  I took some cucumbers to the post office.  When I came back I saw six deer.  There are five in the photo above.
After lunch I mowed the lawn.  Last time I cut the grass at 2 1/2 inches.  I did it again today.  I dumped the bags three times.  There were a lot of leaves in one bag.  I emptied them in the north garden.
I worked on the new stool several different times during the day.  The stool has three legs.  I had to cut mortises in the top for the three legs.  The first mortice went pretty good.  I band saw would make it an easy job.  I used several different saws including the table saw.  There was a weak spot in the top and it broke away from the bigger part of the stool.  I glued it back together.  Finally I got the legs in and they were plumb.   
This is the last picture.  It is standing decently. There are a lot of gaps that I will need to fill.  The stool is not for sitting, but a place for a vase.

Comments and questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment