Followers

Thursday, September 19, 2019

Making New Beds

This morning I started working in house two.  The planting beds or raised beds on the west side of house two are oriented in a north south direction.  The beds on the east side are positioned in west east direction.  I am changing all of them so they will be north and west.
I am extending the bed.  I put down one board and will attach to the one to the north.  The table blocks and other stuff needs to be moved.  
I moved this desert cactus.  I broke off some large pups and then cut off the top.  You see the cut edge on the right.
There a large Aloe Vera type looking plant that has been there for years.  I pulled it up and pulled off a small pup and planted it in the black nursery pot.
In the wheelbarrow is large cactus that I haven't watered for a long time.  On the right is the rest of the cactus.
I dumped the one Alloe Vera plant under the Elderberry tree by the far north garden.
A large desert four O'clock.  Not a very good photo.
Deer tracks in house six.  It looks like they came in, and then turned around and left.  No observable damage.   I think that there were two.  One smaller than the other one.
Here are more tracks.  
I needed some stakes to hold the 2x6's up right and in a straight row,
x
I dumped a lot of pots.   The soil will be put in the raised beds.
Here is how it looks at the end of the day,  I have put some of the recycled soil in the bed.

Adam Remkes stopped by for a visit.  He asked if I were interested in renting our greenhouses to grow hemp.  He has a Friend that is interested.
I thought that a nice stain would look good on the Viking stool.  It is way to dark.  After stain had dried  I sanded it completely.  It took quite  a while.
Here is completely sanded I have started to put a coat of Urethane.
Here the top is finished.   The wedges are easily to see.   Tomorrow I think that I will sand it and put on more coats.  Also, I will do the legs.


Comments and questions are welcome;

No comments:

Post a Comment