Followers

Sunday, October 27, 2019

Two Days Being Away

25 October Friday some pictures are a little fuzzy because of not sufficient light.
Today is the day of the reception for Skyler Gray and Emily Schill.  We planned to leave at four this afternoon.  There was a several things that I wanted to do before we left.  I had four bottles of rooted tomato plants in the window.  I took the cuttings over a month ago.  There were four well rooted plants in each bottle.  I planted two from each bottle on each side of the west end of house six.
I think that this is the south side and
and this is the north side.  A couple days ago I took a pallet apart.  I removed all the nails.
I glued the boards for the ends together and cut them nine inches wide.  on the right are the boards for the sides.
I cut of the corners using this unique method. I drew a straight line which started five inches from the bottom and went nearly to the center at the top.  I put the end on my cutoff sled and lined up the line with in the same direction of the saw blade.  I put a heavy weight on the part.  I slowly pushed the sled through the blade and made a perfect straight cut.

I ripped the side piece in half which two five inch sides.  I cut them to right length, sixteen inches,  I cut two more.  One for the handle and the other one to dived the box in half.  A couple of the pieces were to long.  I nibbled the ends a little until there was a good fit.
The square is clamped to the table, which kept the box square.
I then put a clamp at the bottom of each side which held everything together.  A piece of wood a little longer than the handle was fastened to the handle with one screw which held it in the right place.
The drive to the Wheeler farm went well until we got to the Point of the Mountain.  There was road construction that at times came to a standstill.  We went east on  I-215.  There was a sign to exit at sixth east for the Wheeler Farm.  At the exit the road split.  One went down to the left and the other one went up to the right.  I told Carol to go to the right then realized that it was the wrong road.  We drove south for quite some time before we turned around.  there was some signs that seemed to be confusing.  We finally made it to the Wheeler farm.  We took our presents in the big barn where the receptions was held.  They served several different breads and rolls with a choice of five jams and jellies.  Apple cider was the drink of the night.
We set will Melissa and Derick for refreshments.
I took a lot of pictures of Skyler and Emily.  I was dark in there and didn't get some really good pictures.  You can see the eyes of Skyler on the left and Emily on the right.
Lisa, Dax, and Britney.
A photo of tables and chairs with guests eating and visiting.

The chairs and tables were pushed to the South end of the hall.  the hall was cleared and dancing followed.  There was band which played.  Another person was instructing the dance steps.  There were three different dances.  On was the Virginia Rell.

We left as soon as the dancing was over.  Lisa left her house unlocked.  It took a long time to get to her house.  In the dark we couldn't see any mountains to give us direction.   We finally got on I-15 headed north.  We missed the exit for Lisa's house.  We drove up and down a lot of streets.  We got back on the freeway and turned around the next exit.  We then got off at the right exit made it to her house.  I was about eleven when we went to bed.

26 October Saturday
In the morning Eric prepared breakfast.  Eventually Lisa's kid got up.
Skyler putting on his tie.  We drove to the bountiful temple and witnessed the beautiful wedding ceremony.  We weighted in front of the temple for a long time.  It was cool, but sitting the sun kept us warm.

The Bride and Groom came out.  I was standing on a a small block wall to get a picture.

Here then come through the door.

Emily, now Gray, with her Bouquet.
We walked around to the east side of the temple where the light was better picture taking.
I took many pictures with different poses.
Skyler and Emily in the center.
Me, Emily, Skyler, and Carol.
Eric, Lisa, Skyler, Emily and Mike, Emily's father.  Her mother passed away sometime ago.
Emily and Skyler. Family members on both sides.
Tai, Skyler, Dax, and Chase.
All of the men.  Going left from the middle are:  Skyler, Eric, Chase, Dax, with the flowers, and Tai.
The luncheon at the Spaghetti Factory at Trolley Square.
On the way home.  It was the same as going.  Bumper to bumper, stop and go traffic at the point of the mountain.

We stopped at Robert and Jeanne's house for a brief visit.  We stopped at Costco for gas and some Halloween candy.  It was after dark when we got home.

Comments and questions are welcome.


No comments:

Post a Comment