Followers

Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Waisted Trip to Payson

This morning I prepared a check for and interest and principle at the bank.  We drove to Fillmore.  Carol bought some groceries and I had bought some Triple Thick Polyurethane to paint the small tool box that I made a couple of days ago,  Also, we had to put air in our car tires.  The pressure symbol has been on the car dash board for a couple of day.
I began to remove the poly that used to be on house five.  It blew off and slid down both sides
The sun cast shadows of the bows on the floor of house five.
While I was doing this, Shane needed some help in putting poly over the vent fans on the west end of house six.  We finished it and then he came out and helped me pull the poly free in house five.  He pulled it out to the street and put it in the back of his pick-up.  He took it out to the dumpsters.

He then went for lunch and I did the same.  I had a couple of small hotdog sandwiches.

Sometime soon after, I turned on my lap-top.  There was a message saying that someone had got into my bank account and taken some money.  The were two boxes.  One for my user name and the other for a password.  I tried to delete the message, but couldn't.  I called the phone number to find out about it.  I talked to a person who spoke poor English.   I had a hard time following the directions that he was giving me.  We exchange key-board messages.  The call was dropped.  He called right back.  This continued for some time.  Then another person called.  The third person called and said that we were to go two a store where we could buy some gift cards.  Payson Walmart was the closest store.  We were to go right then.  I was on the phone with those guys for about three hours.  I was to take my cell phone and my charging cord, to keep it plugged in as we drove.  The call was dropped several times and he called right back.  He then would call about every fifteen minuets.  Carol was asking me question all the way about what he was asking us to do.

We parked and Carol talked to him asking a bunch of questions.  He didn't answer them to her satisfaction.  I complained to him how we would know that he wasn't trying to scam us.  We were to buy five, $500 gift cards using our credit card.  We would get an email in the morning saying that everything was okay.  Carol was not letting me do it.  I asked for more time to think about it. Finally  he gave up saying that he would let the money go through.  Meaning that we would  have to pay for the dating service.

We got in the car and I called the customer service number on the back of the credit card.  Asking if there was a charge $2500 for the dating service.  She said that there was no charge.  She then gave me a history of purchases made in the last five day.  We purchase some medication at Walmart and I bought some Triple Thick Polyurethane earlier this morning.  She then mentioned the other charges.  

On the way home I called the credit card company and told them to disable our credit card because I had given them my credit card number.  By then someone had made a charge of about $ 2,000.  We won't have to pay it.   They will be sending me a new card in a week or so.

We can still use Carol's card because it has a different number than mine.


Comments and questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment