Followers

Wednesday, October 23, 2019

High Hopes This Morning

There is a place for an outlet on the east side of our house.  I plan for this morning was to install an outlet.  I can hook up my blower to blow leaves into piles.  Also I can hook our truck to a battery charger or heater.
The photo above shows the box that can receive the outlet.  For some reason it is in the horizontal position.  It should have been hooked to the breaker box in the house.  When the wiring was done, it was forgotten.  Therefore it was hooked to the safety box in the bathroom.  The three wires have been exposed ever since our house was built over twenty-five years ago.

It was a challenge to strip the wires and cut them to the right length.  I was pretty much finished but stopped for lunch.
After lunch I put on a cover and tested it out.  It didn't work.  The outlet in the bathroom wouldn't work either.  I had to shut off most of the power in the house so I could safely remove the outlet.
This is the way that it looks when I removed the outlet.  I watched a little TV for a while then decided to remove some of the wood in house five.  There were two beams I made for the truck.  One was held together with nuts and bolts. 
I removed the nuts and bolts  ended up with two boards which are leaning against the garage wall.   The other one was made of three five foot 2x4's held together with long grabber screws.  I removed the screws and have three nice 2x4's

I brought an odd shaped pallet to the patio.  I put it on block so I wouldn't have to kneel on the ground.
I have removed most of the boards, ended up with some inch boards of different lengths and widths.
Also there is some good firewood.
Here are all the boards on top of a garbage can.

I put it in the garage for storage and when I can use part of it for other project.

Questions and comments are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment