Followers

Monday, October 14, 2019

Clean-up & Stopping the Leaks.

I started working in the garden.  I removed and stacked the tomato cages.  Next I pulled all of the conduit and the pipes which held the cages upright.  Then the tomato plants were dug up and hauled to the compost areas.
 All the pots full of potting soil are lined up against the left side of house six.  One of Shane's daughters is sweeping the floor.  They are getting ready to put the hemp plants in the pots.  They then will be down the center between the posts.

This is a picture taken from the west end.  The pots full of potting soil are on the right.
I covered the carrots with the weed barrier to prevent the carrots from being damaged by the frost.  I am going to put some poly on top of it so I can easily clear of any snow this winter.
The pots of lantana that were on the front porch are setting by the compost pile.
They transplanted all of the hemp plants into the pots.  The photo is taken from the east end looking west.
I had some bell  pepper soup at the temples Saturday evening.  I found a recipe on You Tube which shows a fast easy way to make the soup.  The soup at the temple had barley cornels instead of rice.
There was a conduit pipe driven into the ground.  I prepared a piece of plywood with a 5/8 inch hole in the center.  I put it over the conduit for a base to keep the baskets off the ground.
I put the lantana on the sweet potato bed and started to remove the soil.
I cut down all of the old corn stalks and wrapped them with double piece of twine.  I pulled it tight and carried it to a pile of corn stalks and old tomato plants.
The old corn stalks are gone.  The newer ones are for and other day.  I planted Serendipity corn seed, but to late and did not reach maturity.  

We drove to Fillmore for groceries and gasoline for the car.  I also got parts to fix the leaking faucets in the bathroom tub between the two bedrooms.  I had to go under the house to shut off the water.  I turned it on and off numerous times before I got them fixed.
I removed the faucets and replaced the valve seats and the washer.  It took a while but if got them fixed.  The towel in the bottom of tub is to keep screws from falling into the train.
I did the same in the bathroom next to the big bedroom.  I tried many time to get the valve seat into the cold water side. I used a flashlight to help get it lined up.  I discovered that I was trying to get it in backwards.  When I turned it around it screwed in easlie.  I turned the water on and it started to run fast.  I hadn't shut off the valves.  I shut them off and decided it was the cold water side that was leaking a little.  I shut off the water under the house and took off the valve and mad a few adjustment. I turned the water back on and there were no leaks.

                                                                                 
Comments and questions are welcome.                  

No comments:

Post a Comment