Followers

Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Preparing for Freeze

We started the morning getting ready to dry our apples. I peeled with the peeler/slicer.  Carol put them in the lemon like juice mix and put them on the dryer.
I walked out to the asparagus plants and thought that I would cut down a few each day until I got them all.  I didn't work that way.  I got my clippers and cut all of the asparagus down;  There were several other patches around.  I got all of them.
Another photo of the asparagus plant.
A late planted small pea patch has been producing peas for over a week now.  Next year I may plant a fifty foot row in the late summer.
I cleaned the padding for the patio chairs.
I called Steve Regan company and got a quote for greenhouse poly for Shane England.  I took a while to get it.  I made a screen shot because none of my printers will work.  I forwarded to him the email. Later I showed the screen shot to him.
I put Robert's cacti plants in the garage to keep it from freezing.
These other cacti I put in a large box.  I can't throw them away, at least not for now.  I covered them with several large piece of burlap.
The pepper, eggplants and tomato plants from house six are stacked outside.  I started the water running to help with decomposition.
I found this chair hiding in the garage.  I cleaned it up and put it in the little bedroom.

The rest of the pictures of things that I hope to sale.





I turned off the power to the well and drained the pipes.  I turned on every hose bibs on the water pipes.

Comments and questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment