Followers

Thursday, October 10, 2019

The Day After Freeze

Finished with dry apples. I called Robert this morning to ask some questions about the millers/moths that were in house two.  Shane and Duston thought that they were eating the leaves of the hemp plants.  He said that the millers don't have the ability to chew.  The caterpillars do the eating.  He thought that slugs were eating the plant's leaves.  He told me to lift up the hemp bag and see if any were under the bag.  We found three.

I started to clean Frank Williams' sprayer.  I used it to put a white wash on the greenhouses.  When if finished using it early this spring I left it between house two and three.  It was there until a couple of days ago when I moved it into house three.  The water had evaporated from the tank.  It left about an inch of white chalky like residue at the bottom of the tank.
Frank wanted to use the sprayer to spray his lawn.  They will be coming here soon to get it.  It would be bad on my part to send it home in the condition it was in.  I cleaned the tank,  the wand, and most of the connecting hoses.  It took me most of the morning and some of the afternoon.
I was going to dig potatoes after lunch.  Carol wanted to dig them before lunch.  It took us about forty-five minutes to dig them.  Two of the tubs contain red Pontiac and the other one is Yukon gold potatoes.  
Greenhouse two is nearly ready for the rest of the hemp plants.   They will fit on the twelve foot wide weed barrier.
One of the signs of fall is the leaves that lay on the lawn.

I moved all the hoses that were left on the lawn out to the garden.  They will be out of the way and I will bring them back in the spring.


Comments and questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment