Followers

Tuesday, October 15, 2019

More Clean-up After Temple

We were a little late getting home from the Temple.  We ate after we got home.  So we had a little snack and then I went to work.
Carol asked me several weeks ago to clean up the plant material in the dry garden north of our house, next the road.  There were a lot of dried up sunflower and other plants.  The sunflowers were really tough.  I couldn't find my loppers.  There was one that I have had a long time.  It wouldn't cut anything,  I found a pair out by the greenhouses.  I could cut the stems next to the ground.
I used a pitchfork.  I carried them near to the trailer,  I am thinking about shredding them.
I planted this curl leaf mountain mahogany fifteen years ago.  It is about six feet tall.  I pruned it some this spring.  I cut off two large branches near the ground.  I am attempting to have a single branch.
The other thing that I did was to pull up the stakes that were around two of our hibiscus plants.  The ground is pretty dry.  I poured water at the bass of each stake that softened the ground which made it much easier to pull out.   There was one that I had dig up a little with a shovel.


Comments and questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment