Followers

Friday, October 11, 2019

Rebuilt Doors & Winter Yard Prep

After breakfast and the morning news  I went out into the yard, then got the tarp, and started pulling geraniums and piling them up on the tarp.  They were still frozen and instead of limp branches they were frozen solid and broke in my hands.  I decided to wait until later in the morning.
House six as two doors on each end.  The poly on the west doors were pretty much shredded. I was going to fix them in the west end of house six, but decided to take them to our patio.  There is an power outlet there where I could use my power tools.  Particularly my compressor and nail gun.
 After it warmed up some I started pulling the geranium plants.  I also cut each hibiscus stem and put them on the tarp.  It warmed up some which forced me take off my coat.  There were three plants.
I pulled them to a compost pile and dumped. The photo shows the plant material on the tarp.
I used four cement blocks to get the door off the patio floor where it would be much easy put new poly on the door.  I cut strips of wood to secure the poly to the door frame.  This is where I used my staple gun.
The second door was in bad shape.  The main stile, a 2x6, was badly twisted.  I found another 2x6 and cut it to the right length which was seven feet long.  
I replaced it with the new piece began to put it back together.  It went quite well.    
Then we, Shane and Duston and me, put the door in place.  It took a little adjusting.  There is about a two inch gap when both door are closed.  I can fix that tomorrow.

Late this evening, they got the lights on.  It glows in a bright yellow.

Comments and questions are welcome.


No comments:

Post a Comment