Followers

Friday, November 1, 2019

October 31 & November 1

31 October 2019

Adam Remkes cut down all the shrubs west of house four and north of house five.  There were a lot of them.  Shane hooked his truck to my trailer and parked it north of the east lawn.  We began to drag them the trailer.  The most difficult one drag and load were the Silver Buffalo Berry is a bushy plant  which is full of sharp thorns.  We. Shane and I, drug the to the road and loaded them on the trailer.
The above photo is a picture where the shrubs were located.  We took the shrubs to the dump and unloaded them there.
We came back and loaded some more.  It took two trips to the dump to move the shrubs and one poplar tree.
We removed all of the aluminum strips.  There was a lot of dirt and mud inside the strips.  I cleaned them.  Adam enlarged the holes so the screws would easily fit.  He rimmed the holes so that the screws would fit the holes more snugly.  Shane had to go home for Halloween.  While he was gone I removed part of a twisted 2x6 and replaced it with another one.  It was to short.  The arrow show wher the two pieces fit together.
November  1
Carol asked me to dig up the dahlias.  The ground was super hard and lightly frozen.  I managed to dig two of them.  They are in a large nursery can in the garage.

I started the tiller and started for house six where it would be stored until I mad a shed for it and the lawnmower.  About half way there the tiller run out of gas.  I put it in neutral and pushed it the rest of the way.  It is good to store it with and empty tank.
I decided to dig the post holes for the shed.  The ground was dry and hard and hadn't made much progress.  I put some water in the hole and started to dig.  It was much easier.  I put more ware in it and came back after the news.  I was able to dig about eighteen inches deep.  I need to go six more inches to get a two foot hole.


Comments and questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment