Followers

Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Concrete the Posts

We were going to begin installing the posts at nine this morning but that didn't happen.   Carol had a couple of jobs for me.  She had three presents to be mailed.  She  wanted me to prepare the presents for Linda, Hannah, and Patrick.  First I had to print the addresses.  The addresses were on the desk top computer in my bedroom.   I had to be connected to the new printer in our family room.  I went to "add printer function" on the desk top compute, but couldn't find the cannon printer.  I clicked on all the buttons and finally found one that said.  "is the printer turned on."  It wasn't.  I turned it on and quickly found the cannon printer.

I printed the address labels and took them to the post office to get some boxes. The box for Linda was weighed.  I paid for it and left it there to be mailed.  I came home and Carol said that it shouldn't be mailed until next week.   I then went back and got the present.   By now it was time to work on the shed.  I met Richard Darnel on the street and told him that I would be right back.  Finally again we began working on the shed.
It took a lot of measuring before the post was securely held into place.  Richard started the concrete mixer and poured in the water and added the sakrete.  After it was well mixed it was dumped into the wheelbarrow  and with a shovel, put concrete in the hole around the post.   The above photo is the northwest corner.
The above fuzzy photo shows the northwest corner.  The north east corner was done first.   We used the two bags that I had and one of the bags that Richard had.  I told him that I would go back to Fillmore for four more bags.  There were four more holes and posts.  We would start again after lunch.  I went to Roper's,  got four bags and then had lunch.  After lunch we located the exact positions of the other four holes.  We are going to finish with the rest tomorrow morning.
Meanwhile, I getting more lumber ready for the rafters and walls of the shed.  I took apart and other bench.  The screws were pretty easy to remove except a couple.  I use vice grips to some.  The above photo shows the vice grips hooked to a screw.

Comments and questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment