Followers

Friday, November 22, 2019

Shed Sheathing Completed

Quite cold this morning.  I had an appointment with a physical therapist this morning at 9:15.  I drove to Fillmore, completed required paper work, and then started my therapy.  I was on a machine for ten minutes which was something like a bicycle, but instead of pedaling I used my hands to work it.  After the ten minutes he told me that I had gone nearly two miles.  I moved my arms to different positions and asked me if it hurt.  Sometimes it did and some times it didn't.

I then came home.  I went right back to Fillmore for the State Bank celebration of the 62nd birthday.  I brought home two plates of food.  On for me and one for Carol.

After lunch I started work on the shed.  I hauled all of the sheathing that was in the pick-up one sheet at a time.  I hauled a sheet and then moved it into position on the shed.  I would then go back for another one.
I  clamped the sheet on both sides of the cart.
I cut off a two piece and put it in the empty place.  There is a faint outline of the piece in the above photo.  Drove screws around the edges two hold it into position.
The top edge of one of the rafters was not complete.  I scabbed on a four foot 2x4 which made it much easier secure the sheathing.
I could hear my tractor running.  Each time I went to the truck there was someone moving the shredded wood.  Later. I asked Brady, who was running the tractor, how he got it started.  Several months ago I tried to start it and it wouldn't start.  He had used a screw driver to hot wire it and it started right up.  
I finished the roof and brought the rest of the sheathing and laid it against the north end of the shed.  
Here is a view of the front of the shed.  I put the tools on the two wheeled cart.  I put the tools in the garage.


Comments and questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment