Followers

Monday, November 18, 2019

Material for the Shed

Soon as breakfast was over and a little bit of the news.  I started to work on the shed.  I keep forgetting to get pictures of the procedure that I followed.
I had several ideas about the north wall or back wall of the shed.  I was going to put cement blocks for a footing or foundation for the back wall.  I planned to dig deep enough so that the top of the block would be showing above the soil.   I began to dig and run into some dry hard soil.  I got a couple buckets of water and poured it in the trench.    I then decided to use some bricks.  I wouldn't have to dig as deep.  The concrete holding the post in the ground was in the way.  I couldn't get the brick close to the posts.

We drove to Fillmore for some groceries.  We stopped at Ropers to see if the had any 2x6x16 feet.  I needed one of the for the back wall.
When we got home I began to cut the rafters.  I made one and cut the tail to the right angle so it would be plum.  It was about a five degree cut.  I used my miter saw for this.  I used the first one to mark the length and angle of the rest of them.  When I finished, they were not all the same length.  I used a concrete block as stop block, and set it to the length of the shortest rafter.  I then re-sawed the rest of them to the same length.
I put all eight of the rafters upside down to cut the bird's eye notch. 
I bought two twelve foot rafters.  One for each end of the roof.  I got ten sheets of  OBS 7/16 inches thick.  And the 2x6x16 foot long treated plank.   It is laying on the ground against the posts.  By now it was time to stop.


Comments and questions are welcome

No comments:

Post a Comment