Followers

Thursday, November 7, 2019

Shoe Rack Finished

A little warmer last night. I got a good start on the shoe rack.  Yesterday, I finished the construction phase.  Today, I applied the Varathane.
I have finished with the first coat of  Varathane.  It took quite a while.  I started with the rack upside down.  I applied it to the bottom of each shelf and both sides and both ends.   It took a lot for the first coat.

While it was drying I dug more holes for the posts.  I poured water in them last night and it was fairly easy digging, but hard to remove the soil when they were very deep.  They needed to be two feet deep.
I then put on the first coat of Varathane.  I painted the bottom of each shelve first.  It took a lot more than the other coats took.  I panted both ends and both sides.  I turned the rack over and painted the top of each shelve. 

I then drove to Fillmore for the posts.  I was going to get three eight footers and three twelve footers.  The twelve foots were not treated.  I ended up getting six eight footers.  I also got two bags of concrete mix.  Shane carried out the two eighty pound bags.
The treated post and bags are in this photo.
I gave the rack and other coat of Varathane.  When I brought it into house.  It was still a little tacky.  I put it in the closet where it will go.  Carol will fill it with her shoes in the morning.


Comments and questions are welcome.  

No comments:

Post a Comment