Followers

Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Mistake in Time

I have a business card on the kitchen counter that says my appointment is at nine this morning.  After showering and a shave I put on my nice clothes for my appoint.  After breakfast I was waiting to go to Fillmore for my appointment with the my Dermatologist.  It turned out I was looking at the card of my physical therapist.

I stopped Ralph Myers insurance.  He is changing who gives me insurance.  He says that it will save me some money.  The car and truck insurance is the most expensive.

My appointment with the dermatologist was a eleven.   I was on time.  I checked with the receptionist; then picked up a magazine.  After turning a dozen pages I went into the exam room.  The nurse asked a few a questions and then the Dr. walked.  He looked at my right temple and then under my chin the left.  This where he found cancer about six months ago.  He applied liquid nitrogen to six or seven pre-cancer things.  I was in the exam room for about ten minutes.
After lunch I began work on the shed.  There was a piece of 3/4 inch plywood west of house five.  It was covered with snow.  I leaned it against a tree that was near to the patio.  It will have a chance to dry out some.  It is a good piece

There was a piece of poly near house five.  It was folded and tied in a neat bundle.  I unfolded it on the driveway.  I was going to use it for the shed roof.  It was really dirty and just barely twelve feet wide.  That wasn't wide enough.  I folded it back up.  There were two large pieces of poly under the house.  I unrolled it on the drive way.  It was about fourteen feet wide.  I cut of about eighteen feet.  In the garage there was a  tube that came from a roll of poly.  I rolled the cut of poly on the tube and it on the roof of the shed.
The photo above shows the roll on the west end of the shed.
I put the extension ladder against the roof and carefully climbed on the roof.  There, I unrolled it to the west.  I maneuvered it around until it was completely covering the roof.
Fastening it to the roof was the hard and time consuming part.  I use a short piece of wood, (about five inches long); one on each end.  That was both the north side and the south side.  That meant a lot of climb down, walking over the front, then back to the back.  I finally got it done and just in time.  There was a quite a breeze that would have blown of the poly if it had started a couple hours earlier.  I fastened the over hand on the back side to the posts.  I then some 2x4's on the roof for additional weight.  Some were twelve feet long and others were sixteen feet long.
The photo above shows the front.  The short boards are attached to the rafter.


Comments and questions are welcome.


No comments:

Post a Comment