Followers

Thursday, November 21, 2019

Shed Progress Noted

It was stormy all night.  There was a trace of snow on the house and garage roof and a little snow on the front and back lawn.  I didn't think that I would be able to work on the shed.  We drove to Fillmore where I got nine more lag screws.  We stopped at the State Bank and then got some groceries at the Fillmore Market.  It was lunch time when we got home.
Richard a couple of weeks ago, gave us some small almonds.  Carol had removed the nuts on some of them.  After lunch we worked for nearly an hour cracking them.
We got a small bag of nuts.
The rafters on the back header were attached to the header with 5 1/2 inch lag screw.  They were not attached every two feet.  There were three roofing sheets on top of the rafters.  Some were screwed into the rafters.  I removed all the screws.   I then  removed each lag screw and slid it into the right positions and put in the lag screw.   
I had to make a new pilot hole.  I did for all eight of the rafters.  I was pleasantly surprised that the lines on the sheathing were mostly over the rafter.  I started to put in the screw.  Some of the rafters were bowed either to the left of to the right.  I used a pipe clamp the pull them into position and then screwed them down.  Before I left the roof I screwed the three sheathing down.  I put all of the tools on the cart and put them in house three.
We had re-fried potatoes, sausage, and one gladiator tomato.


Comments and questions are welcome.  




No comments:

Post a Comment