Followers

Wednesday, November 6, 2019

Shoe Rack Mistakes

I put on a coat and brought the shoe rack out to the patio, began sanding the facing pieces.   I placed it on a couple of blocks so I could sand without having to bend over as much.
The above photo shows the front.  I had hoped to paint today,  but it didn't work out that way.
I sanded both ends.
Yesterday, I put a strip of wood on each shelf.  It wasn't on the shelf, but under it.  It was to keep the shoes from falling out on the back.  Here I made a narrow strip and glued them to the top of each shelf.  There was not room to hold them with the pin nails.  I put a narrow line of glue and held them tight with clamps.
While the glue was setting up I mowed the lawn.  There was some grass clipping, but mostly leaves.  I made trip after trip to the leaf pile until I finished the job.
The front lawn free of leaves and looking good.
The leaf pile is getting larger.

I made some adjustments to the legs of the shoe rack.  Maybe, pictures tomorrow.  I drove to Fillmore to get some 4x4's.  I need three that are eight feet tall and three that ten feet tall to build a shed to store the tractor, lawnmower and other things that are in house three.  Ropers didn't have any ten footers.  I had them get me some.   I dug a hole last week, and dug five more today.  The ground was so hard that I could only dig five or six inches deep.  I filled them with water three different times.  It will be much easier tomorrow.   
The above photo is of the south east corner.
This photo shows two corners where the post will be burried in holes about two feet deep.  The other hole is in the red circle and another one in the upper left hand corner.

Later I called Roper's and told them I would get six eight footers. They said that they had some twelve feet long and the would give me  them for and eight foot price.


Comments and questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment