Followers

Monday, June 14, 2021

Cricket in Bucket

Carol's going to a DUP meeting at 12:30.  She is taking a potato salad.  After breakfast, she made the salad.  I helped a little.  

We planted a chrysanthemum in the dahlias.  I watered them with the watering can and I thought that the Mormon cricket was dead.  I poured it out and it was really much alive.
It started crawling.  One of the cats notice it and ran after it.  The cricket went into the grass.  I stepped on it thinking that I crushed it head.  I picked it up by the leg and gave it to the chickens.  A chicken quickly grabbed it.  An other chicken stole it and took off running.  That was the end of that cricket.
I heard a chain saw.  The noise was coming from the north.  Danny across the road and down a little is having a blue spruce cut down.  By three it was cut down and hauled away.
When I went into the garage greenhouse to see if there were any more eggs; the petunia plants were really dry.  I gave them a good drink.
Flag day today.  A couple of young boys came by and put up the flag.   Flag day is  "...Celebrated each year on June 14, Flag Day is the celebration and recognition of the stars and stripes. Flag Day falls within National Flag Week when Americans are encouraged to reflect upon the values of our Republic and the valor of the men and women in uniform who have defended it."

I watered some of the garden today.  It has been hot most of the day.  I started watering the apple trees in the west end of the orchard.  The wind was blow so much that stopped.

Please LIKE, SHARE and LEAVE A COMMENT! We want to hear from you!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment