Followers

Wednesday, August 4, 2021

Flat Tire

Nothing unusual this morning.  I read from the Book of Mormon.  Had breakfast of toast, egg, and old fashion oats.   We/I were going to relocated one of our kittens.  I thought of taking it out to some farm where they fed cattle.  Most likely there would be mice where they could survive.    I caught the kitten and put it in the crate.  I called the vet in Delta.  The vet was coming to Fillmore today, Wednesday.  I could bring it any time between 10a and 4p.  When we went to pick up the mail, the kitten had got out.  I reinforced the cat crate.  Put the kitten back in and put it in the trunk of the car.  

I put a brace on the left side top and drove three screws to hold it in place.  The brace on the right side was underneath the top. I drove screws through each slat in to the brace.  That held the top slats securely in place.  I caught a kitten and put her in the crate.  I put the crate and kitten in the trunk and drove to the animal shelter in Fillmore.   They put the kitten in a pet carrier.  I then put my crate and the animal shelter crate in the car and headed home.  I had hoped to catch the other two kittens bring them back in the afternoon.  

One the way home I hit something on the road that punctured the drivers' side rear tire.  The tire icon turned on instantly.  I pulled off to the side of the road and slowly drove to the Holden exit.  I couldn't go any further.  I was trying to call triple A be towed back to Fillmore to put on another tire.  I didn't want a new one.  A used one would be fine.  I planned on buying new tires in October.  The cars driving by made so much noise that I couldn't hear the instructions from Triple A.  Neal Stevens stopped on the frontage road and wanted to know if I needed help.  I told him that I didn't need any.  

Barry Nixon stopped and asked if needed help.  I told him that I did.  He went home to get some tools.  While he was gone a car with California plated stopped.  I thought that was odd.  But the person in the car was Carla our neighbor.  I called Carol but no one answered.  I asked Carla to stop at the house and tell Carol what had happened.  By then Barry Nixon came.  He had to come down the off ramp.  He had a jack and tools to jack up the car and remove the rim.  The tire was mostly gone.  I had loosened the lug nuts.  He put the small donut tire on.  

I went home and made a 4p appointment to put on a new tire.  I then went back to the Fillmore animal clinic and got the kitten and brought her home.  

This is a photo of the kitten on the way home.
This is part of the receipt for the tire.  I came home and let the kitten go free.  I was able to pet it some and then it run away.  It did come back for some cat food.

I spent much of the evening watering the garden.

Please LIKE, SHARE and LEAVE A COMMENT! We want to hear from you!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment