Followers

Wednesday, August 11, 2021

Big Potatoes

I had the water running all night on the back lawn.  As soon as I dressed, I shut it off and started watering on the east lawn, the front lawn, and the geraniums.  After breakfast I dug a lot of weeds in the garden.  I also turned the water on the dahlias.  It was getting dark when I turned of the water.

We drove to Fillmore to buy some groceries.  

Carol is going to make potato salad for the Saturday golfing party.  I dug up three hills of potatoes.  They are some of the biggest potatoes that we have grown.  The vines were at least a yard long.  The two top potatoes in the picture came from one hill.

The zucchinis are doing well.  I cut these this morning.
There are lots cleomes growing and are in full bloom,  I found this white one by the tree spade.
I was checking my email this afternoon and found a note that the car registration had expired on the last day of July.  I went on line and paid the fee and got a temporary permit.  
There is a big Siberian Elm tree in the south east of our property.  A huge branch broke off.  You can see where it broke from in the top right hand corner of the photo.
This photo shows the size or length of the limb.
Another photo showing its size.
A closer view of where the limb was growing.  I have no idea when or what cause it to brake. 
The instructions was to put the temporary permit in the back window of the car.  I put tape on it several times before I got it right.

The Fillmore stake sponsored a evening of dinner and entertainment.  I drove over and got two meals and brought them home.  There was pulled pork on a bun.  A small container of a sauce.  A serving of potato salad.  and and frozen ice cream bar.
 

Please LIKE, SHARE and LEAVE A COMMENT! We want to hear from you!


No comments:

Post a Comment